9.27.2006

On My Mind Today

this poem has been on my mind alot lately and i just thought i would share it. it was written by betty stam who was a missionary to china with her husband. i would encourage all to read their biography.

And shall I fear
That there is anything that men hold dear
Thou woulds't deprive me of,
And nothing give in place?

That is not so ---
For I can see Thy Face
And hear Thee now.

"My child, I died for thee.
And if the gift of love and life
You took from Me,
Shall I one precious thing withhold ---
One beautiful and bright,
One pure and precious thing withhold?
My child, it cannot be."


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Here is my favorite quote from Betty Stam (I love their biography, by the way!)

"there is nothing unpractical or disappointing about seeking to live victoriously and happily in Christ, provided you don't try so hard, but just trustfully let Him live. I was much impressed yesterday in reading that when God consecrated Aaron and his sons for the priesthood He literally "filled their hands" for a whole week (Lev. 8:33). When we consecrate ourselves to God, we think we are making a great sacrifice and doing lots for Him, when we are really only letting go of some little, bitsie trinkets we have been grabbing, and when our hands are empty, He fills them full of treasures.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir