6.11.2009

He Was Simple. He Was Genuine.

6-8-09 License Plates


My Dad was simple, but he was genuine. I love that about him. Mom and I cleaned out some things from Dad's shop Monday. We came across some notes of his. I think they must have been something he shared during one of the meetings at church. Here is one that even though it made me miss him terribly... just really ministered to my heart.
This morning I would like to share with you something from a very small word, but with such a huge meaning. Joy.
Last week I began to learn the power of prayer. Through that power I just praise God for the day to day growth he allows. And the Joy and sense of security he gives. There's no Joy on this earth, from worldly source, like the Joy that glows in the heart of a believer in Jesus Christ. The Word of God has the power to produce joy. In Jeremiah 15:16 it says "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart." And Jesus said in John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." It's very clear the fullness of joy comes through the Word of God. This joy comes as we feed on the Word of God and as the Word of God is engraved in our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. Patience, comfort, and hope also come from the Word. I thank God so much for these. Romans 15:4 says, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Thank you for sharing this. I could almost hear your dad up there sharing this. What a comfort to know that he knew REAL joy and is experiencing that joy right at this very moment. You dad was so genuine, you can hear it in these words. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

these were written while we were going to the blackburn church...do you remember when dad would get up before the singing and say a few things and then pray...It dawned on me that htese were written then because one of them said...brother Mark.
sweet day
sweet times
sweet man

Anonymous said...

He did always have a simple way of pointing you to Christ. I miss those sweet little conversations.
-wendy

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir